Lenovo X230t and Win8
- DiskCryptor does not work on Win8. To be precise, hibernation mode does not work. Unfortunately no response(s) from ntldr. TrueCrypt works perfectly, also for SSD (in my case).
- Tiles & stuff is ridiculous and makes Windows unuseable. ClassicShell (http://www.classicshell.net) helps: Enable start button, start menu and remove magic corners. Unfortunately the classic has disappeared completely which makes using Win8 uncomfortable and ugly.
- Tablet support (IME etc) in Win8 is an impertinence! It's not existent at all. Unfortunately no replacement known.
Bluetooth Drivers for Win7 do not work (g4wb12ww.exe) Install Drivers for Win8 (g4we14ww.exe). Compatibility mode not necessary (?)
- Remove "On Screen Keyboard"
- Remove "System Interface Driver"
- In Device Manager, remove "Lenovo HID Mini-driver for Hardware Radio Switch"
- gevu60ww.exe: Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad, 4.21.2200, http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029026
- 8jvu38ww.exe: Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP and 2000 - ThinkPad, 3.86.0000, http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-74261
gevu60ww.exe works better for me and has Flightmode feature built-in. Does not seem to have (need?) "System Interface Driver"
Install gevu60ww.exe. Do not install driver from this file. Run c:\DRIVERS\HOTKEY\SETUP.exe in Win7 Compatibility mode. If not logged in as admin, make sure you change compatibility mode for all users.
Then Fn+F5 should work + HW switch. BT is by default always on. Create a shortcut in Startup folder with:
"C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TpFnF5.exe" /BTOFF
Attention: When the Desktop has the focus while pressing Fn+F5, it is overwritten by Windows and the device toggle flight mode instead! Make sure that a different application has focus while pressing Fn+F5!
Wireless Hardware Switch
Nothing needed. Leaves "Unknown Device" (DEV_0078) in Device Manager. If you install "Lenovo HID HW Radio Driver for Windows 8 (32-bit , 64-bit) - ThinkPad" http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032422 (g1hd55ww.exe), flight mode will toggle in addition to the Lenovo Tool messages!
If you do not want this, either don't install the driver or disable the "HID-compliant device" which has DEV_0078 as parent. I don't know if this has an impact on power consumption etc.